Yaru3D Platformer Physics
A downloadable asset pack for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and Android
A 3D platform game engine (Game Maker Studio 1.4 source file) that can be used to quickly get a game project up and running. Available in a grid-only version that is highly optimized, and a grid+slope version that has more expensive physics but allows more varied level design!
- Very fast grid-based collision checking with support for terrain objects when necessary (moving platforms, breakable blocks, etc).
- Automatically creates a 3D model based of the room objects, further speeding up processing.
- Uses texture atlases with multiple textures in a single image, letting you completely change a level's feel with a single line of code!
- Very simple to design levels: simply place placeholder objects in Game Maker's room editor and they get converted to 3D with no additional effort!
- Example code for fog, HUD display and 3D lighting!
- Slope version: Use arbitrary collision checking scripts for terrain objects! You can use any script that computes a z value given the x and y position relative to the object's origin, letting you do arbitrarily complex terrain objects such as pyramids and half-spheres.
- Slope version: Walk up and down slopes smoothly, including jumping from them and landing on them!
- Slope version: Example slope objects automatically attach to the grid terrain at their start and end points. Make slopes effortlessly!
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.