A downloadable asset pack for Windows
A very simple NPC/menu example in GM:Studio format.
- Event start/closure script puts the player in a non-controllable state and then reverts it, letting the player control menus and similar without the player spazzing out.
- Message display objects can be fed an array of messages or a single message, letting you write complex exchanges on the fly in the room editor!
- Generic NPC object, menu object and message object - pass strings and script around for virtually unlimited customization! Sort of commented examples to learn from!
- Available as a standalone project (when you want to start from scratch) and as an extension (when you want to slap NPC functionality on an existing project)!
- Menus can spawn other menus, and they automatically keep track of their hierarchy so that only the latest menu opened actually does stuff!
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Source code (GameMaker:Studio Project) 27 kB
Source code (GameMaker:Studio Extension) 23 kB