Simple Skeletal Animation
A downloadable asset pack for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
A simple skeletal animation system for GameMaker:Studio, only using built-in functions. Add some smooth modern animation flair to your sideview games like platformers and RPGs!
- Doesn't require Spine knowledge or license! Use normal good ol' sprites to make your own skeletons!
- No complicated maths stuff, just arrays and trigonometry!
- Only uses basic native GM functions - the animations can be used in the Standard edition and are compatible with all platforms!
- Seamlessly transition between animations for smooth rotoscope effects! (Or instantly snap into an animation if you prefer)
- Characters are made from just 6 parts (head, body, 2 arms and 2 legs). Make four sprites and you're ready to go!
- Highly customizable skeleton data - change limb length data to make characters with different proportions using the same animations! Assign each body part sprite individually to recycle or unique-ify characters as you please!
- Comes prepackaged with an example on how to use!
- The system is easy to extend for more intricate limb structures!
- The resources can be used in free and commercial games, videos, and other forms of media.
- You may freely edit the resources for your own purposes, including using modified versions in games, videos, etc.
- Credit is optional but appreciated and recommended.
- You may NOT redistribute the resources themselves, or derivatives thereof - neither for free, paid or otherwise.
- You may NOT transfer this license, or issue sub-licenses for the usage of the resources (or derivatives thereof) by third parties.
- I am not responsible for damage caused by using the resources. The resource pack has no warranty, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Use at your own risk.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.