Yal's The Darkest Dungeon Mod Remaster Collection
A downloadable mod
A bunch of class mods, adding the following classes for your roster:
- Keeper Of Secrets
- Pit Fighter
- Shield Maiden
- Trap Maker
Neither of those are made by me, but custom, never-before-seen modifications has been made to fix bugs and improve the general experience of the new classes.
A bunch of slight file modifications that can be used to add the following:
- Receive more free items from the provision when embarking on a quest.
- Free food and torches proportional to the number of firewood the quest provides.
- Items brought by heroes are increased to 4 instead of 1.
- Changes to Stagecoach upgrades.
- Increased levels of Experienced Recruits and higher chance of them occuring.
- Maximal roster sizes increased for all upgrade ranks, up to a maximum of 50 heroes.
- Changes to inventory limits.
- Gold stacks up to 9999, or 19999 if a Antiquarian is in your party.
- Provision items such as food and antivenoms, and treasure such as gems and relics stack up to 99.
- Quest items and firewood still take up one slot each.
All of these effects are made by me.
Original mods by:
- Bachvarov (DrogDovahkiin)
Modifications by Yal (@GameDevYal), as follows:
- -Rewrote flavour text in most of Actionjack's string tables to fix grammar and add a bit more variety to barks.
- -Gave Cryomancer a new guild header instead of literally using the Occultist's unaltered guild header.
- -A bunch of minor graphical tweaks, such as removing the "Failed Painting Restoration Christ" face from the Martyr's afflicted sprite so that you can actually take his breakdowns seriously from now on.
- -Fixed a serious bug with the Cannoneer's info file formatting that caused it to not load properly.
- -Tweaked stats of Pit Fighter, Surgeon and Assassin to match them better against the Inhuman Bonding update's altered stats.
- -Fixed missing information in Shield Maiden's info file that caused them to start with a single skill and be unable to change equipped skills.
- -Maiden isn't a religious character anymore (didn't see any reason why she WOULD be since she's a noble lady, and when Shield Maiden, Keeper of Secrets and Martyr all are, it just felt unfair to the poor Abominations...)
**** DISCLAIMER ****
The "tDD Mod Remastering Pack" is not an official Red Hook Studios product or product modification, and Red Hook Studios Inc. is not responsible in any way for changes or damages that may result from using the mod. Furthermore, "Darkest Dungeon" and the Darkest Dungeon logo are trademarks of Red Hook Studios Inc. All content in the game is Copyright Red Hook Studios Inc. All rights reserved.
For character mods, simply copy all the stuff in the ZIP into your main tDD folder. You will also need to manually append a list of new status effects to the effects.darkest script using a text editor. Further instructions are in the attached readme file.
For script mods, replace the contents of either campaign\provision.json, inventory\inventory.darkest, or campaign\town\buildings\stage_coach\stage_coach.building.json with the contents of the similarly named mod file.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.